AALSCHILDLAW Archives

"Association of American Law Schools Section on Children and the Law"

AALSCHILDLAW@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"Melissa Breger" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Association of American Law Schools' Section on Children and the Law <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
08 May 2009 11:43:30 -0400Fri, 08 May 2009 11:43:30 -0400
HI there -

This just made my day for a number of reasons!

1) I was supposed to be presenting my current work-in-progress TODAY in Ohio, but I had to cancel my trip for health-related reasons.
2) I just finished reading a 1999 law review article a few minutes ago, which inspired me to tailor my current work-in-progress through more of a family/child law lens.

I will submit my abstract soon.  My only question is whether I am "junior" enough- I still feel that I am junior at times, even though I have been teaching 10 years and am recently tenured.  I have published already, but I always feel that feedback is immensely helpful.

Thanks for any guidance, Melissa

All the best,
Melissa L. Breger, Clinical Professor of Law
Director, Family Violence Litigation Clinic
Albany Law School of Union University
80 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
(518) 445-2328 phone
(518) 434-8612 fax

"This e-mail, including attachments, contains information that is confidential and may be protected by the attorney/client or other privileges.  This e-mail, including attachments, constitutes non-public information intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, please delete this e-mail, including attachments, and notify me. The unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of the e-mail, including attachments, is prohibited and may be unlawful."

"IRS Circular 230 disclosure:  To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein."

>>> "Shaughnessy, Joan" <[log in to unmask]> 05/08/09 11:25 AM >>>
Dear Section Members,

W&L is holding a small junior scholars works in progress conference this summer in Lexington, Virginia.  I attach the call for papers.  If you are a junior scholar, please consider sending us an abstract.  If you are more senior, please encourage your junior colleagues to apply.  The atmosphere will be supportive and encouraging and we hope the comments received on the papers will be helpful and constructive.  Feel free to circulate the attachment widely and to let me know if you have any questions.

Shaun Shaughnessy
Washington & Lee University School of Law
Lexington, Virginia 24450
540-458-8512