IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

Date:
14 Jul 2006 19:58:10 +0000Fri, 14 Jul 2006 19:58:10 +0000
Hi everyone!

Hope summer is going well. It's flying by for me - I'm not sure if this is good or bad! Here's an update on my CWP internship:

In the past couple of weeks, I designed and distributed an employee questionnaire regarding their opinions about the process that the organization uses to make promotion and compensation decisions. I've collected the surveys and am in the process of analyzing the responses and writing up my report. It should be done by the middle of next week.

I've also been doing a lot of research into the leave policies of other organizations. I've created a chart describing the policies and will be meeting with the executive director next week to make reccomendations as to how to change the current leave policy (which is divided into many types of leave) into a general leave policy. I've also been revising CWP's conflict of interest policy and the travel reimbursment policies to make them more legally compliant.

I'll keep you updated on anything else I do throughout the summer!

Lani Nguyen
HR Intern
Center for Watershed Protection
8390 Main St, 2nd Floor