IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Molly Flax <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Molly Flax <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 19:39:55 -0400
I have been working on my practicum with my current employer, Marlin Steel. While this is my first post, I have been working on this for a few weeks so I will be posting several more updates over the course of the next few days.

Marlin Steel is an American manufacturing company that faces intense competition and rapidly changing market requirements. The sustainability and success of Marlin Steel is directly correlated to an agile business-strategy that emphasizes continuous improvement and human capital. Acknowledging the uncertainty associated with constantly changing global market conditions, Marlin Steel recognizes that a culture that values learning and an environment that embraces development are vital to a sustainable organizational ecosystem.

The goal of my practicum is to improve employee engagement and motivation through employee development plans that align resources, business objectives and employee goals. I will also focus on improving the performance evaluation system currently in place in order to improve individual and organizational performance.

 In order to successfully accomplish these goals, I will need to conduct a job analysis for each key position and create a comprehensive performance evaluation system that includes an administrative evaluation and developmental evaluation.