IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Ben Crenca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Crenca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2015 10:17:56 -0500
There has been steady movement at Keswick regarding this semester's practicum. I was able to create new hire "welcome" videos for the any candidates that accept the job offer. Eleven different hiring managers were videotaped. We did this to create a welcoming feeling for the candidates. By seeing a face and personally being welcomed to the organization, they will feel a sense of belonging which will hopefully help with turnover.

I have also been able to construct a 90 day performance evaluation. This evaluation is more concise than the last one but hits more important information. I have already showed it to one of the supervisors and they like the way it looks. They say that the main reason that performance evaluations are not completed is because of the complexity of the process. They agreed that the simplicity of this evaluation will help with performance management

Next week I will be constructing a "Status Report". It will go into more detail of how this practicum has went, where it currently stands, and how it can proceed in the future.

Have a great day,

Ben Crenca