IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"Jessica Willet" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
11 Feb 2006 12:01:37 -0500Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:01:37 -0500

Hello all.

My name is Jessica Willet and I am working on a practicum for Spring
2006 at University of Baltimore. As part of my practicum experience, I wanted to post
a message to the I/O intern list serv to introduce myself and to seek guidance on my current project.

I am currently working on a job analysis and gap analysis of three positions within my company ( 1) Technical Lead, 2) Client Liaison, 3) Data Processor) . The job analysis includes tasks, knowledge, skills, and abilities for each position (observed, interviewed, and verified by survey). The gap analysis includes a qualatative analysis of the differences in top and bottom performers based on subjective interviews of supervisors (on employee work behaviors, personality traits, past work experience, education, etc) and may include a personality test.

The results of the job analysis and gap analysis will be combined and used as building blocks for a competency model: A) department competencies and B) position competencies (organizational competencies are being developed in another project. The competencies chosen will be used to create our selection tools and performance appraisal process for each position.

I am interested in researching the latest trends in job analysis (aka work analysis, task analysis), in gap analysis/benchmarking, and in competency modeling so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jessica Willet