IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"Lauren Nguyen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
13 Oct 2008 23:08:56 -0400Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:08:56 -0400
Hello everyone!

It's been a while since the last update but, I am finally done with the development stage and heading into data collection.

Since the last update:

*
	We had multiple meetings on the logistics of the survey. ("Everyone is an expert.")
*
	The survey has been revised several times in order to collect the "most meaningful" data.
*
	The survey is given to the participant and their managers, which posed a concern for allowing managers to fill out multiple surveys and the survey engine being able to keep an accurate record of manager to incumbent.
*
	We ended up adding back in the field asking for names and concluded that it would not be an HR issue.

Our last meeting we discussed all the concerns and what we, the department, was looking for out of the survey. Apparently, there was gap in what we saw as the purpose and what the online survey developers thought. Now, I have a final draft to get the OK and then the survey will be launch and data collection will begin.

Thanks,

Lauren Nguyen
UB Graduate Student-Applied I/O Psychology
Training & Organizational Development Intern
Constellation Nuclear Energy Group
Office (410) 470-3575