IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"Manisha Kirpalani" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
15 Jul 2006 21:39:51 -0400Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:39:51 -0400
Hi everyone,

For the past month I've been working for a financial institute in NYC doing numerous projects for them. The primary task I have though is to design and implement an exit interview to capture the data that we are currently missing-WHY the turnover?! The current form is either not being used and is also not very well phrased. I've been researching a good format and decided on open ended questions, this week 2 colleagues have suggested that we need to quantify the data though and this means adding a likert scale-again, which i avoided to. So now I am re-vamping this document again to try and make it open-ended questions but with the HR managers grading each questionnaire on a liekrt scale themself. This needs to be implemented ASAP and will hopefully be done so by August 1st.

The other projects I have are; I am working on job competencies and talent acquisition across job levels, to evaluate employees and see if they possess the skills to be eligible for promotion or make lateral moves within the company.

I am also working on a diversity dashboard, to evaluate whether we are meeting our diversity target and if not why we are falling short and by how much and how we can improve on it.

I'm learning a lot and am really enjoying this placement! I also really am inspired by my manager-she's incredible and very motivating.

Aside from these projects, I was trained for navigating Bloomberg this week and have taken part in a junior achievement conference for young women. I also am on a committee to plan the closing dinner for all the interns in this program which is good fun! We found a great place that is giving us a good deal.

Hope everyone is enjoying summer and your internships.

See some of you in the Fall.

Manisha