IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Ben Crenca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Crenca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:40:17 -0400
Recently at Keswick we have been very hectic. We have been mass hiring nurses to fill vacant positions. The interviews have been done through a job fair that has been held at the facility. This has not given me the chance to implement my interview training yet.

As of now, I have gotten the go ahead to begin the Behavioral Descriptive Interview traning presentation for the nursing hiring managers. My presentation will be broken up into 2 sessions. The first session will be informational and the second session will be more about putting the ideas into practice.

I am working on making the presentation as interactive as possible. My main concern is the manager's cooperation. My goal is at the end of the presentation, to work with them on developing good BDI questions. I believe if I give them input and some autonomy with developing the questions, we can all come up with a comprehensive, consistent list of interview questions.

Does anyone have any experience in gaining cooperation with hiring managers? All feedback is welcome!