IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"David Morgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
13 Nov 2007 15:45:23 -0500Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:45:23 -0500
Hello again.  As many of you know I am working with the State of Maryland to update an exam for Department of Juvenile Services (DJS) entry-level candidates.  The job analysis process has been completed via use of the task inventory method.  The job analysis basically shows that candidates should be tested on such entry-level competencies as basic math and reading skills, among other high-school level KSAOs.

The examination update processes is now under way.  Item sections and individual items themselves will be revised or deleted based on item analysis print-outs of previous test administrations, the job analysis survey data, recent DJS policy changes, etc.  Once the updated exam has been drafted into the test management software, SMEs will once again be consulted for further revisions or updates, and subsequently approve the instrument for use.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or helpful hints you may have to offer as this project nears its end.  I look forward to providing you with final updates in the near future.

Thank You,

David Morgan