IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Ben Crenca <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Crenca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:33:59 -0400
I have finished my PowerPoint on Behavioral Descriptive Interviewing and am getting ready within the next few weeks to present it to the nursing hiring managers. Today I will go over the presentation with the Director of HR to see if she would like for me to make any changes to it. We are looking to have about 2 1 hour-1 1/2 hour sessions with the hiring managers.

The performance evaluation has also been reviewed and revised. This will also be presented to management. I used a BARS method when constructing the rough draft of the new performance evaluation. In past meetings with the HR director, she stated the evaluation was out dated and barely used. With this BARS method, the evaluation is consistent and very easy to comprehend. We are certain this will 1) increase participation in administering performance evaluations and 2) allow managers to adequately follow-up with their employees with what needs to be done for better overall performance.