SDE_EVENTS Archives

Simulation and Game Design Events

SDE_EVENTS@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Aaron Oldenburg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simulation and Digital Entertainment Events <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2013 16:19:55 -0500
This coming January 24-26, University of Baltimore will be hosting the Global Game Jam.  This is a 48-hour team game development event with judges, prizes, snacks and an opening night guest speaker (Dave Inscore, an 18 year game industry veteran and founder of Big Huge Games).  Come with a group of friends or find a new group to join at the site.  This year's secret topic is given out on Friday evening and designers have until Sunday afternoon to produce a game.  We have a variety of software in our lab on site (see the web page), but you can also choose to go non-digital and make board games (BYO supplies).  It will be held in the Academic Center the weekend before classes start, and the labs will be open from 8am-10pm.  This is a huge event with hundred of sites participating around the world.

Options for participating:
1.  Join a group and make a game!
2.  Stop by at any point during the weekend to watch the teams at work.
3.  Come around 4:30pm on Sunday to see the group presentations and award ceremony, as well as playtest new games.  There will be an Audience Award for best game that you'll have the opportunity to vote on.
(all options are free)

Register soon, cutoff is at 30 participants! (there's no cutoff for coming and watching)

http://globalgamejam.org/2014/jam-sites/university-baltimore

Directions:
The University of Baltimore Academic center is located on 1420 N Charles St.  We will be on the second floor in rooms 219 & 236N.  236 is where the opening and closing ceremonies will be held.  Refreshments will be provided.

You can contact me if you have any questions: [log in to unmask]

- Aaron