From: Sinar, Evan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:28 AM
To: Sinar, Evan
Subject: DDI Internship Announcement - Openings in Spring/Summer 2006

Dear Colleague,

Please find below a posting for one or more annual DDI internship position(s) in our assessment research and development group. The position concentrates on the research and application of psychometric tests and behavior-based assessments. The position is structured to allow flexibility for the intern to gain experiences in a variety of areas of professional interest. Please forward the attached posting to qualified students that might have an interest in the opportunity. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this internship position at DDI.

Best Regards,

Evan Sinar

Evan Sinar, Ph.D.
Senior Consultant, Assessment Technology Group
Development Dimensions International, Inc. (DDI)
1225 Washington Pike
Bridgeville, PA 15017-2838
412.220.7207
412.220.5204 (fax)

Unleashing Executive Talent.  Powering Selection Success.  Developing Extraordinary Leaders.
Discover how at www.ddiworld.com

World Headquarters:

Development Dimensions International

1225 Washington Pike

Bridgeville, PA  15017-2838

To apply for this position go to:  http://www.ddiworld.com/careers

POSITION: ATG Internship

 LOCATION: Bridgeville (Pittsburgh area)

POSITION DESCRIPTION

Development Dimensions International (DDI) is a globally recognized leader in staffing and assessment as well as behavior based training and development.  We currently have the following internship position(s) available.

Internship Opportunities - Pittsburgh

We have openings beginning in spring/summer 2006 for one or more pre-doctoral interns in our Assessment Technology Group (ATG), based in our Pittsburgh world headquarters.  Interns should be advanced graduate students (e.g., post-Master’s degree, ABD preferred) and should be available for 9 to 12 months.  Interns work with a team of I/O psychologists on projects dealing with the design, development, and validation of tests, simulations, and other assessment tools, including web-based technologies.  Your role will include activities integral to client projects such as design, implementation, and evaluation.

Qualified candidates will possess excellent research design and statistical analysis skills, combined with strong technical writing abilities.  The ability to conduct statistical analysis of testing and assessment data is critical to the role, as well as prior experience working with large data sets.  Strong planning and organizing skills are also essential to the role.  In addition to participating in core tasks related to assessment research and validation, opportunities exist for interns to complete DDI training courses, and to make important contributions toward a wide range of projects occurring within DDI.

Recent internship projects have included:

  • Full participation in over 50 criterion-related validation studies, from study planning to results presentation
  • Developing a product toolset to benchmark and evaluate CEO effectiveness
  • Developing a customized assessment center in-basket exercise
  • Developing a product toolset focused on new hire on-boarding
  • Creating a customized multi-rater feedback tool
  • Writing development guides associated with DDI’s standard and executive competency libraries
  • Developing competency-based screening content for job board candidates
  • Creating an interview guide for an international leadership award program
  • Designing and facilitating pilot sessions for a role-based job analysis approach

DDI values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer