Well it must be the week to get started because I've also begun work on my
practicum for the summer.

I'm also an intern at PHH Arval, a fleet management corporation located in
Sparks, MD.  My internship is in the Human Resource Department and I'll be
working to create a 'Manager Toolkit' for all managers and supervisors at
PHH to access.

What is a Manager Toolkit you ask? Well it is much like the I/O toolkit
we've all been building through our education at UB. The Manager toolkit is
intended to be an online resource for managers to utilize for training and
developmental purposes, for trouble shooting questions such as
administrative tasks, as well as provide tools (i.e. information on
teambuilding, performance management, rewards, feedback, budgeting) and
other outside resources that will help managers be more self-sufficient and
effective in their role as a manager here at PHH. Additionally, a special
section will be devoted to new managers, which will support the transition
from an independent contributor to the new managerial role.

My tasks will include:

	*	Conduct an informal needs assessment (already completed and
outlined in the previous paragraph) - this component showed why this project
was important and how it would be useful to managers

	*	Drafting a list that identifies job knowledge that a manager
needs in order to be successful

	*	Review of the list with SME's for feedback and input,
followed by list finalization

	*	Development and validation of the content to be include in
the toolkit

	*	Once the toolkit is built and launched, I will then develop
and administer a feedback survey to assess the toolkit

I will post updates throughout the summer on my progress with the
development of the Managers Toolkit.  Hope everyone is enjoying the summer
and great weather!

Thank you,

Erica Pinkos
Human Resource Intern
PHH Arval
940 Ridgebrook Road, Sparks, Maryland 21152-9390
410-771-2438 (phone)  *  410-771-2962 (fax)
PHH Arval, a PHH Corporation Company
Powerful ideas. Amazing results.

"The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
harmful and malicious code or defects when sent.  This message and its
attachments could have been infected during transmission.  By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action regarding the code
or such defects.  The sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising in
any way from this message or its attachments."