As usual, Regan has reminded me that I need to post an update about the
progress on my practicum.

Over the past couple weeks I've been working on compiling a list that
identifies tools that would assist a manager or supervisor in their role
here at PHH. I began by using various resources (books, school knowledge,
SHRM, etc.) to brainstorm a list of topical areas for manager training and
development ideas and information on performance management, teambuilding,
etc. I conducted a focus group with the HR Managers to identify 'trouble
shooting' areas. This helped to identify more PHH specific administrative
tasks and processes that managers handle. Also, I've been conducting
interviews with managers and supervisors throughout the organization to
identify their views on the current toolkit and what tools they believe
would be beneficial in the future.

I'm currently in the process of finalizing the list, identify immediate
needs vs. future projects, and assigning SME's. The next step will include
development and validation of the content matter. Some of the material
already exists and this will require finding it and validating and some does
not exist and will need to be created/developed. Also, I'm working on a
piece for the project which will involve creating a template/guide for
managers to use as developmental plans for their employees. This will
include:

	Best Practices and Purpose of Developmental Plans
	Procedure for Implementing a Developmental Plan
	Interview Structure to guide the process

I hope everyone's summer is going well!

Thanks,
Erica Pinkos

"The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
harmful and malicious code or defects when sent.  This message and its
attachments could have been infected during transmission.  By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action regarding the code
or such defects.  The sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising in
any way from this message or its attachments."