Summer Practicum Update - Erica Pinkos

As usual, Regan has reminded me that I need to post an update about the progress on my practicum.

Over the past couple weeks I've been working on compiling a list that identifies tools that would assist a manager or supervisor in their role here at PHH. I began by using various resources (books, school knowledge, SHRM, etc.) to brainstorm a list of topical areas for manager training and development ideas and information on performance management, teambuilding, etc. I conducted a focus group with the HR Managers to identify 'trouble shooting' areas. This helped to identify more PHH specific administrative tasks and processes that managers handle. Also, I've been conducting interviews with managers and supervisors throughout the organization to identify their views on the current toolkit and what tools they believe would be beneficial in the future.

I'm currently in the process of finalizing the list, identify immediate needs vs. future projects, and assigning SME's. The next step will include development and validation of the content matter. Some of the material already exists and this will require finding it and validating and some does not exist and will need to be created/developed. Also, I'm working on a piece for the project which will involve creating a template/guide for managers to use as developmental plans for their employees. This will include:

        Best Practices and Purpose of Developmental Plans
        Procedure for Implementing a Developmental Plan
        Interview Structure to guide the process

I hope everyone's summer is going well!

Thanks,
Erica Pinkos

"The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any harmful and malicious code or defects when sent.  This message and its attachments could have been infected during transmission.  By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective and remedial action regarding the code or such defects.  The sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising in any way from this message or its attachments."