Just as a refresher - I've been assisting the HR Department at PHH in
creating a managers toolkit, also know as the 'Leadership Toolkit'. The
toolkit is an on-line resource that consists of tools or resources that will
help managers and supervisors be more self-sufficient and effective in their
role at PHH. Although this project has been a large undertaking, it is
coming together nicely. Many of the tools we've been updating or developing
are in their final review stages and a member of my team has begun building
the website that will be uploaded onto our intranet. We are planning on a
launch date in mid-September.

Since the scope of this entire project is extremely large, I worked on one
specific piece or tool for my practicum - Career Development Plans (CDP). At
a high level the purpose of a development plan, from an organizational
perspective, is to identify, cultivate, and retain talent. From an
individual perspective, the purpose of a CDP is to provide employees with
clear expectations and guidance on how they can enhance their personal
skills an prepare for future responsibilities in a non-threatening and
unbiased manner. I've completed this portion of the project and I'm
currently drafting a report to present to the HR Department.

My Deliverables for this Practicum:

(1) The overall Toolkit, including various tools and resources I played a
role in updating and/or creating, which will be housed on the PHH Intranet
for all employees to navigate

(2) The Career Development Plan (CDP), which includes:
*	CDP Overview
*	CDP Process Flow
*	Guidelines for Creating a CDP, including structured questions to
guide the manager and employee through the process
*	CDP Template, to be used for documentation of the process
*	As well as a completed CDP Template to be viewed as an example
*	Also, guidelines for developing and setting goals

I realize this was long-winded but I know everyone would not be satisfied
with anything less. I hope everyone has been enjoying their time off this
summer and I can't wait to see you soon!
Cheers ~ Erica

"The sender believes that this E-mail and any attachments were free of any
harmful and malicious code or defects when sent.  This message and its
attachments could have been infected during transmission.  By reading the
message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective and remedial action regarding the code
or such defects.  The sender is not liable for any loss or damage arising in
any way from this message or its attachments."