Good afternoon!

As you may be aware, I have been developing a procurement certification examination for Maryland's State Highway Administration.  As I have mentioned in previous updates, the test has been completed.  The first round of administration of the exam will be given this upcoming Monday.  After receiving the scantron answer sheets, I will score them and run an item analysis on each item.  I will then examine the point biserial correlations and overall difficulty of each question to determine how well each item performed.

Overall, this has been a great experience.  Not only was I able to develop a test from scratch, I will be able to see how each item performed.  Depending on the results from the item analysis, I plan to evaluate any items that may raise any surprising results and, if needs be, review the questions with SME's to determine if/where the problem lies.  If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks!

Matt Ruble
Testing Analyst
Maryland State Highway Administration