Hello all,
Here is an update on my practicum with CCA:

Over the last couple weeks I have been working closely with my supervisor at CCA.  First, he gave me a thorough explanation of the organizational design of the company.  Because it is a smaller company, and is family owned, there is no formal documentation of the structure.  The client provided us with what they could in terms of the jobs in question: various employee check-lists, lists of duties and responsibilities created by the branch manager, and performance evaluations.

I delivered a formal time-line to my supervisor at CCA to indicate not only when I would have the deliverables to him and the client, but also what the outcome of the job analysis will be.  I included a terminology section that included explanations of the different ratings that the SMEs will be asked to complete as well as definitions of vocabulary (e.g., KSAOs).

The initial request was to develop job descriptions for various positions; this has since expanded into examining the selection plan for the positions and to provide a structured interview template.  Although the turnover rate for the company is very low, this will be useful in future employment processes.

Currently, I am working on developing the task lists and KSAOs for each position.  I am using the documents from the company as well as information from the DOL, O*NET, and FLSA data.  I divided the positions into two groups in order to keep the process moving with the SMEs.  One challenge I am facing is having enough SME ratings. As of right now, I have access to two SMEs, although I requested the contact information for at least one more.

That’s all for now—email me with questions/comments/suggestions.

Thanks!
CP

Catie M. Proulx
HR Analyst