From: Mastrangelo, Paul [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 8:10 PM
To: Thomas Mitchell; Franz, Tim
Subject: FW: United Airlines seeking Leadership Development Consultant

FYI...

  _____

From: Brasher, Eric [WHQHR] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 3:57 PM
To: Brasher, Eric [WHQHR]

At United, we're currently trying to fill the position described below
as part of our "transformation".  Please pass it along to anyone who you
think might be interested.  Hopefully the fact that I used bcc on the
addresses won't result in many of you getting this multiple times.  If
so, I apologize.  Have a great weekend.

Thanks,

              Eric

*******************************

Consultant - Leadership Development HDQHR I-HDQ45088001CBN057689

Job Description

It's time to fly!

United Airlines has emerged from bankruptcy and is on course to a
profitable future.  We have earned the right to compete and adapted to a
new way of doing business.

To meet the challenges of this new organization, the HR Department has
transformed to a role based delivery model to allow HR to partner with
line managers and have a meaningful impact on business results.

Every position at every level within HR has been re-defined with clear
responsibilities related to either Service or Strategy and candidates
both internally and externally are encouraged to apply.

Join us and help build the new HR Department from the ground up!

Consultant - Leadership Development

Job Responsibilities

The primary responsibility of this position is to design and implement
an executive and

leadership development architecture. This position acts as a resource to
the Managing

Director - Talent Strategy and the Talent Strategy team.

Principal Accountabilities

*	Supports the Managing Director - Talent Strategy in the
formulation, design and implementation of strategies and programs to
advance the achievement of organizational goals and increase the
commitment and contribution of leadership.
*	Develops organizational development/effectiveness plans to meet
business change requirements.
*	Supports the design, implements and manages leadership
assessment, development and succession planning initiatives.
*	Directs needs assessment for leadership development purposes.
*	Oversees and develops OD tools, programs and processes. May
include programs such as executive and leadership development,
succession planning, organization design and mentoring.
*	Trains managers and leadership teams in the use of career
development tools and processes. Activities may include coaching,
participating in sessions and providing feedback.
*	Develops minimum standards for employee readiness for change.
*	Provides change management expertise and directs change
communication efforts.
*	Assesses and improves the ongoing organizational effectiveness
strategies by reviewing best practices of other high-performing
companies.
*	Works with senior management/executive team on shaping United's
culture and supporting the Employee Value Proposition.
*	Directs the development and implementation of cultural and
diversity programs.
*	Develops and delivers presentations to executives and others, as
required, on organizational strategies, programs, practices and issues.
*	Provides leadership and guidance to Organizational Development
team members and others.
*	Stays current on OD best practices.

Qualifications

Required Education

*	Master's degree or equivalent work experience in Human
Resources, Behavioral Sciences or related field.

Experience

*	Seven or more years HR/OD experience, with at least three years
of executive leadership development experience.
*	Previous experience in performance management, organizational
design, and leadership development.

Required Knowledge

*	Comprehensive understanding of leadership development processes.

*	Comprehensive knowledge of organizational development program
design and implementation.
*	Technical and regulatory knowledge
*	Knowledge of "best-in-class" HR practices
*	Organizational interdependencies, interfaces and processes.

Required Skills and Competencies

*	Visionary Leadership
*	Strategy Development
*	Negotiation/Consensus Building
*	Customer Focus
*	Consulting
*	Drive for Results
*	Microsoft Office Proficiency

Desired Skills and Competencies

*	Adaptability
*	Communication
*	Analytical Thinking

Click here
<https://ual-pro.taleo.net/servlets/CareerSection?art_ip_action=FlowDisp
atcher&ctx=1&flowTypeNo=13&pageSeq=2&art_servlet_language=en&reqNo=14631
6&csNo=2>  to apply online

Thank you

*Disclaimer: United Airlines shall not be liable for the content or any
errors or omissions in the information provided in the Comments section,
and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of
the user.