Hello everyone,

  Over the past several weeks I have conducted interviews with employees for the purpose of creating and updating job descriptions.  Specifically, I met with the VP and Assoc. Director of one of the internal departments to create new job descriptions for all 6 individuals that make up the department.  We integrated information from existing job descriptions for those individuals, and from various other sources.  Since several of the departments within the organization have very similar positions (ex., Director, Associate, Senior Associate), these descriptions provided a basic template from which to develop (or update) job descriptions for similar positions in other departments.

  I have also been working on reclassifying the Administrative Assistant jobs from various departments.  The original goal was to reclassify existing descriptions (Administrative Assistants, Executive Assistants, Secretaries) into Assistant I, II, III.  Since the start of the project, the HR department has decided to change the number of levels from 3 to 2 (Assistant I, II).  I began by extracting task and KSA information from existing job descriptions, noting the similarities and differences that might indicate differences in proficiency levels.  I compared this with information from O*Net and other sources.  From this, I am working on developing a list of basic tasks and KSAO’s broken down by classification level.  I will be continuing to work on this over the next several weeks.

  In addition to the above projects, I have also been assisting the HR dept. with open enrollment for benefits.  I attended several offsite meetings at some of the Associated’s affiliated agencies, and assisted employees with online enrollment.

  - Melissa Sox