From: Dr. Ed Kemery [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2008 11:07 AM
To: Thomas Mitchell
Cc: Lisa Stickney; Edward Kemery
Subject: HRM Club

Hi Tom:

    Lisa Stickney and I are in the process of resuscitating the HR Club.
Please pass an invitation to your I/O psychology students for us.  Have
them contact me if they are interested in being a member.

    Also, we have a speaker scheduled for November 6, at 6PM (see below;
place TBA) who might be of interest to you and your students.

    Regards--

        Ed

Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 6PM (place TBA), Ms. Kimberly Cook,
Manager, Investigations for U.S. Foodservice, will speak on "HR's Role
in Fraud Detection and Prevention"

Ms. Cook oversees the investigation of internal fraud and compliance
issues for U.S. Foodservice, a national food distribution company with
nearly 100 divisions throughout the U.S. and over 27,000 employees.
Prior to joining U.S. Foodservice, Kim was an Audit Manager for Giant
Food, a Maryland based retail food chain, where she was responsible for
field compliance audits at 200 retail locations. She graduated from the
University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Science in Business
Management/Accounting and earned certification as a Certified Fraud
Examiner in 1999. After 24 years with Giant Food, she accepted a
position with U.S. Foodservice as a Senior Fraud Investigator and was
recently promoted to Manager, Investigations. Kim is a member of the
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and holds an advisory position
with the Maryland Chapter.

Edward R. Kemery, Ph.D.
University of Baltimore
Department of Management and Marketing
Robert G. Merrick School of Business BC507
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD  21201
410.837.5064