For grads out for about three years (or less) who are attending SIOP. I would really like to nominate someone who is interested in being a speaker.

Let me know, please call  and let me know if you are interested.

From: Velez, Pauline [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 6:14 PM
Subject: 2009 SIOP Master's Consortium

Dear I/O Psychology Master’s Program Coordinators:

As Chair of the SIOP Master’s Consortium subcommittee, I am writing to invite you to nominate one of your graduates to serve as a speaker for the 2009 SIOP Master’s Consortium in New OrleansThe Master’s Consortium is similar to the Doctoral Consortium and is held on the day prior to the SIOP Conference.  During the consortium, students who are currently enrolled in I-O master’s programs participate in workshops lead by graduates of master’s programs who have excelled in consulting, business or government. Presenters lead a two hour workshop where they provide practical advice that will help students succeed in an I/O related career.  There is a great deal of flexibility for workshop topics so we can match the workshop topics to the interests and expertise of the presenters.  For example last year’s speakers and topics included:

·       Genevieve B. Coleman, Vice President of Client Services with Global Lead Management Consulting, facilitated a workshop entitled, “Finding and Keeping Your Edge:  10 keys for differentiating yourself in today’s workplace.

·       Warren D. Lindley, Senior HR Business Partner for Global Marketing at Kellogg Company, led a workshop entitled, “When I/O makes “cents”:  Creating financial value in the corporate world”.

·       C.J. Duvall who has held a variety of executive level positions within HR at Alltel.

If you would like to nominate one of your graduates to serve as a presenter, please send me their name and contact information.  We are most interest in graduates of terminal I/O Master's programs who have 3+ years of experience.   The Consortium Committee will select speakers from the nominations based on the speakers’ expertise, location, and interests.

I would appreciate your help with suggestions for presenters.  Please send your graduates name and title via email or snail mail to:

Pauline Velez

Allstate Research and Planning Center

4200 Bohannon Dr, Ste 200

Menlo Park, CA 94025