From: Eric Dunleavy [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 4:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: David Morgan
Subject: PTC/MW

Hi Tom,

Hope all is well.

David Morgan contacted you about a month ago related to passing some PTC/MW
info along to students and faculty that might be interested in membership.
We would appreciate it if you would forward the email below, which includes
a short description of PTC/MW, our most recent monthly update, and a
description of the fantastic new website we just launched. Let me know if
you have any questions.

Thanks,

Eric

Eric M. Dunleavy, Ph.D. (PTC/MW President)

Senior Consultant | DCI Consulting Group Inc.

1920 I Street NW | Washington, DC 20006

Office: 202-280-2175 | Cell: 202-420-1540 | Fax: 202-828-6901

www.dciconsult.com <http://www.dciconsult.com/>

Are you an I/O, OB, or HRM student interested in developing a professional
network in the Washington D.C. area? Are you interested in understanding the
different types of careers that are out there and what jobs are available?
Are you interested in learning about cutting edge research and practice from
experts in the field?  If so, we suggest that you consider joining or
renewing your membership with the Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan
Washington (PTC/MW).

The Personnel Testing Council of Metropolitan Washington has
<http://www.ptcmw.org/> a new home on the web, and is far more dynamic and
community-focused than ever before. Complete with RSS feeds and a new
members-only section, this new site offers distinct membership benefits and
discounts for both Professional ($30/year membership) and Student members
($15/year membership).

All distinct member benefits are now password-protected, ensuring clear
benefits to members only. This includes any extra discounts for student
members, such as extremely low Workshop registration costs. Can't make the
monthly luncheons and webcasts? New webcast capabilities (subject to
availability) allow every PTC/MW member to view these monthly events from
any computer with an internet access. What are you waiting for?
<http://ptcmw.typepad.com/ptcmw/membership.html> Join or renew your
membership with DC's premier I/O organization today!

Member benefits include:

.  Discounts on monthly meeting & webcast registration

.  Quarterly PTC/MW Newsletter

.  Access to past webcasts (coming 2010!)

.  Access to Members-Only announcements

.  Subscription to the Members-Only RSS feed

.  Students: Extra discount on Workshop registration

.  ... and more member benefits in development!

Thanks, and we look forward to welcoming you to our Community!

PTC/MW MONTHLY UPDATE

Visit the brand spanking new PTC/MW website (  <http://www.ptcmw.org/>
http://www.PTCMW.org ) for the latest news and updates...

PRESIDENT'S NOTE

President Eric Dunleavy proudly introduces members to our new website and
provides professional and PTC/MW-related updates in this month's President's
Note.

JOIN US FOR THE PTC/MW FEBRUARY LUNCHEON

DATE:  February POSTPONED (date TBD)

TOPIC: I/O Psychology's Role in Strategic Human Resources Outsourcing (HRO):
Can We Shape the Future of HR?

PRESENTER: Kevin Kramer, Accenture

REGISTER:  Online at www.PTCMW.org
<http://mail.humrro.org/mail/mingeric.nsf/($Drafts)/C2481BC7F1A13F7E852576BE
007D9DCC/www.PTCMW.org> .    PTC/MW members and colleagues are strongly
encouraged to register no later than COB, Friday, February 5th . ** NEW
WEBCAST OPTION ($5 for Students and Members; $10 for Non-Members): PTC/MW is
pleased to offer remote access to our Luncheons for a nominal fee. You can
now join us at our Luncheons from a live Internet connection, anywhere in
the world! To register for the webcast please go to the PTC/MW website or
the Luncheon registration page and look for the "To View Webcast" option (
<http://mail.humrro.org/mail/mingeric.nsf/($Drafts)/C2481BC7F1A13F7E852576BE
007D9DCC/www.ptcmw.org/lunch.htm>   www.ptcmw.org/lunch.htm  ). An e-mail
with the dial-in instructions will be delivered within 24 hours of the event
.  Please contact the PTC/MW Treasurer ([log in to unmask]) if you
have questions about or wish to cancel your registration.    **

LOCATION:  George Mason University - Arlington Campus, Original Building,
Room 245 (3401 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA  22201). Visit the PTC/MW
website ( www.PTCMW.org
<http://mail.humrro.org/mail/mingeric.nsf/($Drafts)/C2481BC7F1A13F7E852576BE
007D9DCC/www.PTCMW.org> ) for directions to the GMU-Arlington Campus.
Parking is limited to street; taking the Metro is advised.

MEAL:  Luncheon menu is buffet-style and will be suitable for all attendees.

SUMMARY:

As evidenced by the recent SIOP name change vote, I/O Psychology seeks to
develop itself as a strategic, forward-thinking HR discipline that improves
business performance in our rapidly changing world.  As HR organizations
evolve, with globalization, technology, and HR Outsourcing (HRO), it is
critical that I/O Psychology views business changes as opportunities for I/O
Psychologists to contribute more broadly to HR management - and contribute
more value at the HR executive and CEO level.  Kevin will discuss recent
research and trends in HRO, HR areas where I/O Psychology can contribute
more value, and strategies to help our profession "raise its game" to a
higher level.

UPCOMING PTC/MW EVENTS

MARCH BREAKFAST WORKSHOP
DATE: March 10 (8:30 am - 11:30 am)
TOPIC:  Unproctored Internet Testing: Best Practices and Lessons Learned
SPEAKERS:  Ken Lahti, PreVisor
LOCATION:  George Mason University - Arlington Campus

APRIL LUNCHEON
DATE: April 14 (11:30 am - 1:30 pm)
TOPIC:  TBA
SPEAKERS:   TBA
LOCATION:  George Mason University - Arlington Campus

MAY LUNCHEON
DATE: May 12 (11:30 am - 1:30 pm)
TOPIC:  TBA
SPEAKERS:   TBA
LOCATION:  George Mason University - Arlington Campus

IT 'S HERE! A BRAND, SPANKING NEW PTC/MW WEBSITE

PTC/MW has upgraded its website. The new site has many upgraded features,
including:

*	A real-time, breaking news feed of HR and personnel testing-related
articles;
*	The opportunity to subscribe to a public "PTC/MW Feed" that makes
website and news updates immediately available on your web-based reader;
*	Increased community involvement - comment on posts and updates!
*	A real-time membership directory
*	Jobs listings searchable by location

The most significant of the new features is a password-protected
members-only area. You should have received the login information for
accessing this area from our intrepid PTC/MW Webmaster, Zack Horn (E-mail:
[log in to unmask]). You can access the area by clicking on the "Already a
Member" link on the left-hand side of the front page.

IMPORTANT: All members must renew their 2010 membership before March 1, 2010
to maintain their access to the members only area. After March 1, the login
information will be changed and reissued to 2010 dues paying members only
(Note: All members who paid membership dues after October 31, 2009 already
have valid 2010 membership.) To renew your membership for 2010, visit the
"Membership" section of the website (
<http://ptcmw.typepad.com/ptcmw/membership.html>
http://ptcmw.typepad.com/ptcmw/membership.html ).

GET CONNECTED! Join PTC/MW's LinkedIn Group

Did you know? PTC/MW now has a LinkedIn Discussion Group. To join, post
questions or discussion topics, share articles with your colleagues, etc.,
point your browsers to http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1148887
<http://www.linkedin.com/groupInvitation?gid=1148887>   .

MORE NEWS AND INFORMATION ON PTC/MW WEBSITE

Breaking News - Streaming in real-time on PTC/MW's brand new front page....

Legal Front - Legal news you can use from our Legal Chair, Rich Tonowski,
right on the front page (no waiting)...

Job Opportunities  - ( <http://ptcmw.typepad.com/ptcmw/jobs-all-listings/>
http://ptcmw.typepad.com/ptcmw/jobs-all-listings/ ). Interested in sharing a
job or internship opening at your organization with PTC/MW? PTC/MW publishes
job and internship announcements in our Quarterly newsletter (March, June,
September, and December) and on our website at no cost for positions in
Industrial/Organizational (I/O) Psychology, Human Resource Management (HRM),
and Testing. For details visit the PTC/MW website or contact Mike Ingerick,
PTC/MW Newsletter Editor, at [log in to unmask] or (703) 549-3611.

Professional Calendar  ( <http://ptcmw.typepad.com/ptcmw/calendar.html>
http://ptcmw.typepad.com/ptcmw/calendar.html )

For Members News, the new online Membership Directory, and other members
only features, log onto the members only section via the front page (look
for the "Already a Member" link on the left-hand side of the page).