To all of you who are solely focused on the creation of the Department of the Interiors (DOI) Executive Development Program (EDP), I think you might be a little saddened by my next statement. Unfortunately, my obligations at DOI have been broadened in the last couple weeks. I am now not only in charge of creating DOIs EDP, but will be giving presentations on leadership topics to senior leadership. In addition to this, I have been named the project manager of the new Mentoring program which will be in place by the end of the year. That said, I hope you all understood the sarcasm when I said “unfortunately.” =-)
Returning focus on the EDP, the past two weeks have not been as productive as the previous weeks. This is in-part due to me taking a few days off to attend the 2010 SIOP conference as well as preparing for my first leadership presentation (on the topic of LMX theory) which will be on the 27th. However, I have been able to complete all of my pilot interviews and schedule my first SES interview for today. Furthermore, the surveys which I have been working on are continually changing for the better as I attain data from SESs and other senior leadership.
Lastly, I would like to say a special thank you to Summer Schlesinger. She has been a wonderful resource and has helped me on many different occasions (on her own time).  When I needed to talk to a practitioner with experience, she is one of the people I call. I would recommender her to any organization seeking a hard working knowledgeable I-O Psychologist. As always, Asta lavista baby. =-) I hope you all have a wonderful day and that you continue to read my updates.

Regards,

Alex Tremble
I-O Psychology Master's student
University of Baltimore