From Trevor, recent graduate. Excellent opportunity at one of the best consulting firms.

From: Trevor Shylock [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2010 1:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Job Opening at Caliper

Hi Dr. Mitchell,

I’m happy to report that we have an opening for an entry level I-O Psychologist here at Caliper.   The job posting is copied below. The international headquarters is in Princeton, NJ which is a really nice little city. I’ll be happy to answer any questions or personally forward along resumes/cover letters, especially for any fellow UB grads. The company website is www.caliperonline.com

I hope this note finds you well, and that everything in your world is good.

Best,

Trevor

Quantitative I/O Psychologist- Caliper Research and Development

Caliper is seeking an entry level I/O Psychologist/Analyst with strong psychometric and consulting ability, knowledge of personality assessment, competency modeling, selection procedures, cross cultural assessment and a strong background in statistics. This position will conduct job analysis focus groups and interviews as part of validation process; consult on statistical and methodological questions regarding talent management; conduct statistical analyses in SPSS, including: crosstabs, t‐tests, correlation, regression, and factor analysis; assist in all analyses related to updating the Caliper Profile; interpret statistical results and provide client‐focused recommendations based on findings and prepare research articles for journal and conference submission (e.g., SHRM, SIOP, ATP).

Master’s degree required. Ph.D or ABD preferred. Candidates who have experience in measuring job performance in an applied setting, especially as job performance relates to business metrics, or in the development of new personality items or scales, will be given special consideration. Candidates must have experience using SPSS, and possess excellent writing and organizational skills.

Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Position is located in Princeton, New Jersey.  Please send resume and cover letter to [log in to unmask]

Trevor Shylock

IO Psychologist

CALIPER® Real People. Real Challenges. Real Solutions.

506 Carnegie Center, Suite 300 | Princeton, NJ 08540 | +1 (609) 524-1263

Join us @: