Dear Vic,

I will be very interested to read your book and would be happy to look at draft chapters if that would be helpful. I am interested in very young offenders--one of the biggest challenges for juvenile crime regulation. We deal with this group and the challenges they pose (although not in depth) in Chapter 8 of our book Rethinking Juvenile Justice.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Scott
Harold R. Medina Professor of Law
Columbia Law School
435 W. 116th St.
New York, N.Y.  10027

Phone:  (212) 854-9758.
Fax:  (212) 854-7946

Re: [AALSChildLaw] Fall/Winter Newsletter - AALS Section on Children and the Law

victor streib   to: Association of American Law Schools' Section on Children and the Law
11/25/2010 10:49 AM

Sent by: [log in to unmask]

Please respond to "Association of American Law Schools' Section on Children and the        Law"

Hi Jessica,

The working title of my current book project is "LITTLE KIDS WHO KILL: HOMICIDAL PRETEENS IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM."  I would love to hear from other scholars working on this topic.  I hope to finish this book in 2011, building in part from some of my past efforts, e.g.:

Protecting Preteens: A Child’s Portion of the Fourth Amendment, ___ MISSISSIPPI LAW JOURNAL ___ (2011; in press).
Intentional Wrongful Conviction of Children, 85 CHICAGO-KENT LAW REVIEW 163 (2010).
Precocious Killers:  Justice for Homicidal Pre-Teens, 28 CHILDREN’S LEGAL RIGHTS JOURNAL 33 (2008).

ANNOUNCEMENT:  I will officially retire from Ohio Northern in December 2010, but I will continue to write and teach part-time at other schools here in North  Carolina.  See contact info below.

Vic Streib

--
Victor Streib
1721 Hobbs Road