Yael-
I have used the attached problem with great success, as a problem addressed to both interviewing and counseling.  I split the students and give them each a mirror script/instructions, for either client or attorney.  Feel free to use it.
Best
-Bruce

Prof. Bruce A. Boyer
Director, Civitas ChildLaw Clinic
Loyola Chicago School of Law
25 E. Pearson St.
Chicago, Illinois  60611
(312) 915-7940
(312) 915-6485 (fax)

______________________________

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential and/or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
The unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on
privileged or confidential information is strictly prohibited.  If you believe that this message
has been sent to you in error, please inform the sender and delete the message.>>> "Yael Cannon" <[log in to unmask]> 1/25/2012 5:02 PM >>>

Hi all,

Does anyone have any good interviewing simulations they could share with me that involve students simulating an interview of a child client (in any context- abuse/neglect matter, delinquency matter, school discipline matter, etc.)?  Also, can anyone recommend any good readings on interviewing a child client?  I am offering my Juvenile Law course as a professional skills course this semester, and I'm looking for a good simulation to use with my class. I found a good one written by Julie Waterstone (from Southwestern Law School), focused on school discipline issues, which is available in the recent Colker and Waterstone textbook Special Education Advocacy, but I'm looking for a second one to use so that I can have each student take a turn playing a lawyer and a turn playing a child client.  Any materials you could send me ([log in to unmask]) would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Yael

Yael Cannon

Practitioner-in-Residence

American University, Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016-8181

(202) 274-4176
(202) 274-0659 (fax)