Hi all,

Does anyone have any good interviewing simulations they could share with
me that involve students simulating an interview of a child client (in
any context- abuse/neglect matter, delinquency matter, school discipline
matter, etc.)?  Also, can anyone recommend any good readings on
interviewing a child client?  I am offering my Juvenile Law course as a
professional skills course this semester, and I'm looking for a good
simulation to use with my class. I found a good one written by Julie
Waterstone (from Southwestern Law School), focused on school discipline
issues, which is available in the recent Colker and Waterstone textbook
Special Education Advocacy, but I'm looking for a second one to use so
that I can have each student take a turn playing a lawyer and a turn
playing a child client.  Any materials you could send me
([log in to unmask]) would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,

Yael

Yael Cannon

Practitioner-in-Residence

American University, Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016-8181

(202) 274-4176
(202) 274-0659 (fax)