From: Alber, Martinique [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 2:35 PM
Subject: Role Play for Personnel Board of Jefferson County

I am writing to you on behalf of the Personnel Board of Jefferson County (PBJC) in Birmingham, Alabama regarding our upcoming selection procedures for the job of Fire Lieutenant.  The PBJC is an independent government agency that provides human resource services under the provisions of a Merit System to 22 jurisdictions within the boundaries of Jefferson County.  These jurisdictions include multiple municipalities as well as county government.

Approximately 400 candidates will participate in the role-play exercises.  The role-play exercises permit candidates to demonstrate their knowledge and competence related to these jobs.
In order to assist us in the implementation of the role-play exercises, the PBJC is recruiting white female graduate students who are enrolled in Industrial/Organizational, Human Resource, or Organizational Behavior Master and/or PhD programs or any graduate student that has role-play experience.  We are recruiting for a specific race and sex in order to keep consistency among the role players.  As you well know standardization is key in having a valid selection process.  The role-play exercises will occur on Monday, August 20, 2012 in Birmingham, AL.  Role-players will receive training on Sunday, August 19th regarding the role-play scenario.

The success of our process hinges on our ability to recruit highly competent individuals to assist in this test.  Although we are unable to monetarily compensate the role-players that we recruit to assist in this process, the experience does provide a number of other benefits to individuals who graciously agree to volunteer.  Such benefits include:
*     the opportunity to assist a governmental agency and to closely observe and learn about role-play processes;
*     extensive training on role-play measurement instruments;
*     valuable applied experience serving as a role-player for law enforcement jobs;
*     the opportunity to meet, work, and interact with a variety of individuals in similar areas of study from around the country, while at the same time enjoying the sights and culture of Birmingham; and
*     all expenses paid by the PBJC for travel related to the assessment, including transportation (mileage to and from Birmingham), lodging, and meals.

If you are interested in gaining valuable applied experience in the field of employee testing by assisting the PBJC or if you have any questions regarding this process, please contact me at (205) 279-3595.  Also, to expedite this process, interested individuals should complete the Role Player Information Form at www.jeffcojobs.org<http://www.jeffcojobs.org/>.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this process.  Please forward this email to anyone who may be interested and whom meet the criteria specified.

Sincerely,
Marty

Marty Alber, Ph.D.
Test Administration and Assessment Coordinator | Performance Measurement | Personnel Board of Jefferson County
(p) 205.279.3595 | (f) 205.279.3596 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | http://www.pbjcal.org<http://www.pbjcal.org/>

The Foundation of Your Merit System Career