My name is Charles Glover and I am currently working on my Masters degree at the University of Baltimore.
During summer and continuing into the fall semester I am interning, as well as completing my practicum requirements, at the Elkton (Stonewall) Merck pharmaceutical company site in Elkton, Virginia.

I am working on creating and sustaining a Recognition Program for the site as well as several other smaller endeavors. I am currently enrolled in the University of Baltimore’s Applied Psychology Master’s program.

This is my second posting. This week I will be meeting with the Site Leadership Team to present a PowerPoint outlining the Recognition Program. At the conclusion of the meeting I, along with my supervisor, will have the direction for the remainder of the project concerning the implementation and sustainability of the program. The focus of this program is to increase the levels of engagement and intrinsic motivation for the employees at Merck. A focus here has also been leadership, specifically transformational leadership, and how to increase leadership’s engagement with their employees. I will also continue monitoring Merck’s Voting Box survey system where daily questions are presented to each area on site and scores are electronically recorded and used to gain voice opinions.