From: Krista Hoffmeister [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2014 3:35 PM
Subject: SOHP Graduate Student Committee Involvement

Hello!

My name is Krista Hoffmeister and I am the current chair of the Society for Occupational Health Psychology (SOHP) Graduate Student Committee. We as a committee would like to expand our membership to include more students that are interested in Occupational Health Psychology (OHP), whether it is just to learn or to pursue a career. I'm reaching out to you because of your role as a faculty member who may be aware of students in your program with OHP interests.

The SOHP Graduate Student Committee is composed of volunteer student members. We work to facilitate students' development into professional OHP researchers and practitioners. This year, we have some pretty ambitious goals to improve student experiences within SOHP. These include: 1) Develop panels for the upcoming Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) and Work, Stress, and Health (WSH) conferences, 2) Update the SOHP website, 3) Create a podcast series to make OHP and its research areas visible to diverse audiences, 4) Write one or more articles for The Industrial-Organizational Psychologist (TIP), and 5) Outreach and expand our membership.

We're looking for graduate students who are interested in joining our committee and helping us achieve these goals.  Involvement in the committee is a great line to add to a CV or resume, and students get the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals from other programs, as well as some of the leading faculty in our field. Participating in the committee involves roughly 3-5 hours of work per month, a relatively small time commitment compared to the benefits of being involved. If you know of anyone who may be interested in joining this committee, please have them contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. You are also welcome to distribute this email and contact information as you wish to help us recruit new members. Thank you very much for your help!

Best,

Krista

--
Krista Hoffmeister, M.S., AEP