Hi everyone!

I'm Fresia Jackson, a current graduate student at UB.

This is a reminder that the SIOP conference is coming up April 23-25 in
Philadelphia <http://www.siop.org/conferences/philly.aspx>. The conference
changes coasts every year, with 2016 being in Anaheim, CA. Therefore, if
you were planning to go next year, don't put it off! The SIOP conference is
an amazing opportunity to meet peers in our field, stay up to date with
research, network with potential employers and attend student workshops.
Additionally, I will be planning an event for UB students and alumni.

Here's what you need to do:

   1.

   Join SIOP! Joining as a student <http://www.siop.org/studentdefault.aspx> is
   half price ($50).

   2.

   If you have a LinkedIn account, please join the University of Baltimore
   I/O Students and Alumni
   <https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=783707&trk=anet_ug_hm>
   group. If you don't have a LinkedIn account, what are you waiting for?
   LinkedIn is an incredible resource
   <https://www.linkedin.com/static?key=what_is_linkedin> for getting your
   name out there and networking. Furthermore, I will be using the group to
   organize the event.

   3.

   Register <http://www.siop.org/conferences/15con/> for the conference.

   4.

   Dr. Mitchell said there are ways to get travel expenses and the
   registration fee covered by the school if you give a short presentation
   about something you learned at the conference. I will be looking into that
   further.

If you have any questions or difficulties, don't hesitate to contact me at

Sincerely,

Fresia