Please note the message below. If you are graduating in spring, please consider making this event if you are going to Phillie.

From: The SIOP Program Director Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Seth Kaplan
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 8:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SIOPPDL] Message from SIOP Conference Chair

Hi everyone

I hope all is well. Eden King asked me to forward the message below.

Best

Seth

******

Hello IO Program Directors!

I'm writing as SIOP 2015 Conference Chair with hope that you can let your graduating students know about an opportunity to be honored in Philadelphia

Ph.D. and terminal Masters degree graduates who earn their degrees in the Summer of 2014, Fall of 2014, and Spring of 2015 and their advisors are invited to this special event, which will be held on the opening evening of the conference . The celebration provides recognition of the accomplishment of earning an advanced degree in IO psychology. The event will be officiated by a master of ceremonies who will recognize the students in attendance for their accomplishments.  Students graduating with a master’s degree will be acknowledged by name and asked to stand. Students graduating with a Ph.D. will be called to the podium where they will be hooded by their advisor (or another faculty member of their choosing). Following the ceremony, there will be opportunities for photos for all students, faculty, and family. A reception afterward will allow networking with peers and fellow colleagues.

It seems that many students are not yet aware of-- or do not fully understand-- this opportunity. I would appreciate your assistance in getting the word out! Please encourage your students (in person and via email!) to use this as a chance to connect with the community of IO psychologists that they are joining.

Feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] with any questions or suggestions.

Best,

Eden King, Ph.D.

SIOP Conference Chair 2015-2016

Seth Kaplan
Associate Professor of I/O Psychology

Click on this link to unsubscribe from this list UNSUBSCRIBE

An email will automatically open with "Unsubscribe" in the subject area. Just Send the message, as is, to unsubscribe from this list..