Hi Everyone,

As several of you know, the global business arena is requiring more attention from IO Psychology professionals. It's not enough that managers to understand global commerce, but so must we, as IO practitioners, be prepared to provide professional services that would enhance the quality of people's work lives around the globe and in intercultural interactions.

A former graduate student from my days as a Professor at SJSU called my attention to this recent article that I'd like to share with all of you:
http://www.citylab.com/commute/2015/03/for-a-more-creative-brain-travel/389150/

If you have graduated from UB's Masters program and are now practicing in areas related to IO Psychology, I'd love to hear some of your own thoughts about the importance or relevance for an international/global perspective as an IO practitioner. Feel free to share them with me personally at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Also, I thought you'd want to know that UB's IO program is making a mark nationally and internationally.

  1.  We have university to university agreements with University of Valencia in Spain. We will soon be signing one with University of Silesia in Poland.
  2.  I was invited by SHRM headquarters to be a thought leader for an executive roundtable on Engaging and Integrating a Global Workforce. The following individuals were invited:

·         Jeri Darling, President, Darling Global

·         Sharon  Glazer, Ph.D., Professor & Chair, Division of Applied Behavioral Sciences,  Univ. of Baltimore

·         Anil Gupta, Ph.D., Michael D. Dingman Chair in Global Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Smith School of Business, Univ. of Maryland

·         Simon King, Global R&D HR Vice President, Bristol Myers Squibb

·         Cora Koppe-Stahrenberg, Ph.D., Managing Director, Marsh

·         Gad Levanon, Ph.D., Managing Director, Economic Outlook & Labor Markets, Conference Board

·         Jim Link, SHRM-SCP, Chief HR Officer, North America, Randstad

·         Peter Schiron, Assistant General Counsel, Deloitte LLP

·         Tina Sung, Vice President, Government Transformation and Agency Partnerships, Partnership for Public Service

·         Sully Taylor, Ph.D., Professor, International Management, Portland State Univ.

·         Jose Tomas, SHRM-SCP, EVP, Chief HR Officer, Anthem

And, we have upgraded our website: www.ubalt.edu/iopsychology

Finally, for those who are wondering who I am (by now you've seen a few emails from me), please go to: http://www.ubalt.edu/cas/faculty/alphabetical-directory/sharon.glazer.cfm
You might enjoy knowing that like you, I earned my M.S. In Applied (IO) Psychology from University of Baltimore in 1995 and continued onward for my doctoral studies at Central Michigan University, followed by a Postdoc at NIOSH (of the Ctre for Disease Control) in Cincinnati, then rose through the ranks to Full Professor (early promotions to each rank) at San Jose State University, recruited as Full Research Professor at University of Maryland Center for Advanced Study of Language, and finally returned home to University of Baltimore to serve as Professor and Chair in November 2013.

All the best
Sharon

-
Sharon Glazer, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair, Division of Applied Behavioral Sciences
Cross-Cultural Organizational Psychology
University of Baltimore
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
USA
Office: +1 410-837-5905

Treasurer, International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology
Editor, International Journal of Stress Management
Adjunct Faculty, Dept of Psychology and Center for Advanced Study of Language at University of Maryland, College Park, MD