Hi Everyone,

I received the following email from a program manager (PM), Marianne, looking to hire IO graduates of our program. I met with the point of contact today and she and the company president recognized that they might not find people who fit all the requirements below, but several of them or various ones from each category and they understood that and encouraged me to encourage you.
Note, however, that the program manager is requesting that any interested individuals go through me directly. Do please let me know if you are interested and send me your resume.

Here’s part of her original message that, with the permission of both the PM and the President, I have modified.
Important: If you have some experiences from your classroom activities/engagements, you should include that in your resume. The IO program at UB provides real-world applied experiences, e.g., conducting job analysis, preparing and presenting a training program, collecting and/or analyzing survey data, etc. that even if you have not practiced these skills as a paid employee, developing them in the classroom is equally beneficial. So do consider those skills gained in the classroom too.

Here’s the message:

Hello Dr. Glazer,

I am the Program Manager for a contract with the National Security Agency.  The contract provides evaluation services and survey support across skills-based courses, analytic testing support for the development of course tests, and certification services.

We need people with the skills listed below.  We can funnel people through the clearance process at the Agency if they fit the labor category description here.

experience in the following (inclusive):

Training or   appropriate education in Research Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive   Psychology, Industrial or Organizational Psychology, or any other related   fields.

Implementing   needs assessment and evaluations focused on human performance.

Educational   program design and evaluation.

Demonstrated performance implementing   interview techniques, focus groups, data collection and analysis, report   writing, and written/graphic presentations.

experience conducting survey services. Demonstrated and/or documented experience in the following (inclusive):

Survey   consultation and research development, interview techniques, focus groups,   data collection and analysis, survey management, report writing, and   written/graphic presentations.

Survey   design, development, delivery, and implementation

Data   collection (both manual and electronic) and survey management logistics.

Report writing and written/ graphical   presentation(s).

Training/preparation related to:

Identifying  human performance gaps and non-training related barriers.

Educational program design and evaluation.

Demonstrated   performance in interview techniques, focus groups, data collection and   analysis, report writing, and written/graphic presentations

Experience in the following (inclusive):

Development and implementation of evaluation strategies.

Development of cost benefit analysis of educational and training programs.

Applying Kirkpatrick and Phillips evaluation models.

Training  or appropriate education in Research Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive   Psychology, Educational Research, Instructional Design,   Industrial/Organizational Psychology or other related fields.

Educational program design and evaluation.

Demonstrated and documented experience in (inclusive):

Using   surveys, interview techniques, focus groups, data collection and analysis,   survey management, report writing, and written/graphic presentations

Data   collection (both manual and electronic) and survey management logistics.

Data   input and analysis.

Using   univariate and multivariate statistics.

Analysis   of qualitative and quantitative data.

Best,
—
Sharon Glazer, Ph.D.
Professor & Chair, Division of Applied Behavioral Sciences
Cross-Cultural Organizational Psychology
University of Baltimore
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
USA
Office: +1 410-837-5905

Treasurer, International Association for Cross-Cultural Psychology
Editor, International Journal of Stress Management
Adjunct Faculty, Dept of Psychology and Center for Advanced Study of Language at University of Maryland, College Park, MD