Hello everyone,

The past two weeks have been a continuation of the work I touched on in my first update. Meetings were held to further the development of a new position that requires a brand new skill set. Things are going well but future meetings are being planned to justify the need for this new position to individuals such as the CIO.

Continuing my work on job code consolidation, I have been putting together evaluation charts in Excel files for review purposes. This has allowed us to look at each set of jobs with all of their duties, responsibilities, and minimum requirements side by side. Then, I started highlighting items that appears to be explicitly different. For example, one job may state that they perform quality assurance while the other does not. If incumbents of these jobs were to be combined into one job code, would we need to rewrite the original job description to include this? Questions such as this will be answered in future meetings with department managers as well as subject matter experts. More updates will follow in the coming weeks.

Have a great weekend!

Matthew Rupert