Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a great week. Things have been progressing nicely at my internship. We began meeting with managers to discuss consolidations for similar job titles (and their job codes) in their respective departments. They agreed with the decision and we will look to make the title changes by the end of the year. Before eliminating any titles or job codes, we have asked the managers to do their own review of the job description. It must be decided whether or not a new job description should be written or if it is fine as currently written. Our hope is to provide a full list of consolidations to HR after we have gone through our 2015 priority list.

 As a small side project, I have been putting together a list of all job description work that has been done or will be done by the end of the year. This is for the use of the company’s CIO, mainly to aid his knowledge of how many codes we plan to eliminate versus any new codes that are being created for new positions. I’ll continue with more updates in the coming weeks.

Have a great weekend!
Matt