From: Dana Dwyer
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:26 PM
To: Thomas Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fwd: 2016 Graduate Student Consulting Competition, 09/15/2016

________________________________
From: PTCMW <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:32:19 PM
To: Dana Dwyer

[http://www.ptcmw.org/EmailTracker/EmailTracker.ashx?emailCode=68rhX%2bozXmaNQmU96uzksl88TBqrzvtzsukho6BJ7T840sKM1gLqmjxHbH98qb9ao0M%2bTD64Yqdy8CTr%2bmhMJjgVu%2fdXs9nix2Vqkoz0AKI%3d]

[http://www.ptcmw.org/resources/Pictures/pdri_ceb2015.png]  [http://www.ptcmw.org/resources/Pictures/ptcmw%20icon.png]

Dana,

Join peers from local I-O programs and experienced I-O SMEs to network and learn during the 2016 Graduate Student Consulting Competition at Thursday @ GWU Foggy Bottom Campus; Monday @ PDRI, hosted by PDRI, a CEB Company.
Date: 09/15/2016 4:00 PM EDT

Sponsored by:

[http://www.ptcmw.org/Resources/Pictures/pdri_ceb2015.png]<https://www.pdri.com/>

How does the Consulting Competition work?

  1.  The first 35 students to register will be able to participate.
  2.  Students will then be placed on one of 5 teams with students from other universities.
  3.  PDRI will present teams with an RFP that outlines a real organizational challenge.
  4.  Teams will work together to develop a proposal and presentation.
  5.  PDRI representatives and expert I-Os will judge presentations and rate proposals.
  6.  One team will win the challenge and be awarded with $2,000.

How do I sign up?

  1.  Download<http://www.ptcmw.org/Resources/Event%20Materials/2016%20Consulting%20Competition/2016%20Graduate%20Student%20Consulting%20Challenge.docx> the brochure with all details and instructions
  2.  Register online
  3.  Submit (via email) your resume/CV and personal statement

Why should you participate?

  *   EXPERIENCE A REALISTIC JOB PREVIEW: PTCMW & PDRI will present a real challenge local organizations are currently facing in a realistic RFP (request for proposal) format. Students will present as if they were external consultants bidding on a consulting project. Solutions will be judged by expert practitioners based on theory, technical merit, and innovation.
  *   EXPAND YOUR PROFESSIONAL NETWORK: Students currently enrolled in local I-O and related programs will be assigned to a group made up of students with varying levels of expertise, knowledge, and from different programs.
  *   DEVELOP CONSULTING SKILLS: Teams will be responsible for building an effective team, developing products, and presenting results.
  *   BUILD COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Each team will present to an independent panel of expert I-O judges and receive invaluable feedback.
  *   WIN PRIZES: The winning team will receive $2,000. The first place team along with the runner-up will also receive free 2016 PTC student membership and free admission to PTCMW's 2016 Talent Connection & Networking Event in November, where they will be recognized in front of 200 local I-O academics and practitioners.

Register by September 14 to reserve your spot! 2016 Graduate Student Consulting Competition<http://www.ptcmw.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=GmSdE6GC7Tp%2fyRjJe2W6MkP3YToSto3Q5UakD3I73gXgztofZ3gxaz3aAN6OClgSi2yFT9nSWkmpMBqDGU9Z%2fa2I09VureEPmHDgzz5nD7E%3d>

Event brochure: 2016 Graduate Student Consulting Challenge.docx<http://www.ptcmw.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=OybzGamb9t7esd2KRlnx785gcua%2fdwGiTny8F2QhDJyZqSHFwEeBbz5jtZGB7vxaOdk24nxc8JhK3EMB8lGBS9uKoJFJj2BIxjNcEnAcePw%3d>

Questions? Contact:

Nikki Blacksmith ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Matthew Fleisher ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Best regards,
PTCMW

Unsubscribe from event announcements<http://www.ptcmw.org/EmailTracker/LinkTracker.ashx?linkAndRecipientCode=qxlsAvzZK2Ayfmn%2fhLMwoeinJnSorW4AIaT1Fl9TKVJYOA%2fQ9Jgss2rcIC6HVyJsRZaBadmjJA%2brs6zRQEFVZQ%2b5pna6xXywUSDoSdidDYc%3d&up=%3fet%3d6MeIfIfSFY49ghd3cNhIZmGYR3bpa8C6YIJ8NVOpZJKBbfUSKmJPB6js9VclaFROaqLLk0C7TEL4KpJgHAkZLyFXu%252fTyhtoaJ43NIOWoT0AOAO%252f1NZZ5fl6dhp1f8i6V%252fBx94SQqghdGWLHK1WH0D9PsIjU%253d>