Background:
I will be working with a local organization as part of the Organization Development (OD) and Organization Change Management (OCM) Team to assist in conducting a change agent workshop for the purpose of equipping their technology department leaders with skills for restructuring. This includes developing a pilot program and then analyzing materials for ongoing classes.

Update:

Currently, the organization utilizes an outside consulting agency to assist with the facilitation of change agent trainings and development of materials. After observing these trainings, I worked closely with an internal consultant to review the needs of the technology department compared to the materials available. It was determined that the current Change Agent Workshop being facilitated by the external consulting group is too long (one day, 8 hour training) and not targeted enough to address the needs of the tech. department.

The OD team, in conjunction with the Enterprise Learning team (which manages all trainings at the organization) reached out to the external consulting group to begin re-contracting the new needs for the training. I was responsible for reviewing the current materials to remove/change unnecessary information and activities in order to streamline the workshop to fit into a three-hour session. Once this was presented to the lead internal consultant and approved, it was shared with the external agency to determine new contracting needs. The outcome of the meeting resulted in the following:

  *   One external consultant will be used as a co-facilitator along with the OD internal consultant lead
  *   The workshop materials used will be those created internally and not from the external agency's original workshop
  *   the hours needed from the external consultant were changed to include 12, 3 hour sessions (2 per day) and 2 virtual sessions.

Moving forward, I am tasked with managing the logistics of the Change Agent Workshops to include the following information

  *   Finalizing how many sessions are needed
  *   Scheduling sessions (booking training rooms, opening enrollment in MyLearning (online training system)
  *   Coordinating with department leaders to make sure that one member is able to be present to manage specific questions regarding the restructure in each of the trainings
  *   Finalizing materials for the workshop

I welcome any suggestions for ways to accomplish these tasks (best practices, innovative ideas, etc.).

Shelby Reichardt

Applied Psychology

I-O Concentration

410 937 5151