Sorry about the previous send. The pdf file did not go though so I pasted the announcement below.

Hello Dr. Mitchell,
It certainly has been awhile since grad school!  I am hoping that I can tap into the alumni network to find candidates for roles that I have open on my team.    There are 2 openings currently (same role) and one more will be opening shortly.  Would you be able to send the job description out through the i/o listserv distribution?   Anyone interested can go to the Albemarle website to apply and then give me a heads-up that they have put in an application.  Thanks!

Regards,
Kristy

Kristy Busija, ACC, BCC |  | Global Learning and Development Manager | 4350 Congress Street, Suite 700, Charlotte, NC 28209 | (: 980.299.5574 | *: [log in to unmask] |

Albemarle Learning and Organizational Development Expert

The Albemarle Learning & Organizational Development (L&OD) Expert role is a key role in the development, deployment and standardization of learning and development opportunities across the Albemarle organization. The successful candidate will have the ability to work across various levels and cultures and have the ability to translate business needs into learning and development opportunities and goals. The L&OD Expert will report to the Global Manager of Learning & Development and be responsible for sharing best practices with other L&OD Experts, conduct needs analysis, identify / build learning and development content and participate in various project teams to develop and strengthen the Albemarle learning and development culture.

The L&OD Expert will have ownership of one or more functional academies of Albemarle University (Manufacturing/Technical, Commercial/Business, Functional/Business Process) and will be responsible for helping to develop the competency profiles and learning/development curriculum for the roles within the academy. In coordination and partnership with HR and the business, the primary responsibilities of this role include:

§ Conduct assessment of organizational and talent needs. Responsible for creating or contributing to the learning and development strategy within and across academies. Uses the strategy as the driving force to advise on, design, and implement solutions.

§ Provide expert level strategic consulting across initiative lifecycle (e.g., assessing business strategy/challenge, scoping and aligning solution, solution build out and framework).

§ Collaborate with the business and HR to build an evaluation strategy to measure the effectiveness in achieving the program objectives and ensures lessons learned are incorporated into iterative designs and future programs.

§ Proactively addresses learning and organizational development needs by bringing key stakeholders together to identify gaps and gain consensus on solutions. Builds strategic solutions that will support needs and builds out success metrics for evaluation and ROI.

§ Facilitate a variety of learning experiences (e.g., formal classroom and virtual learning, skills labs, action-learning teams, mentor programs, etc.) when needed.

In addition to ownership of the one or more of the academies, the Learning and Organizational Development Expert will have oversight of one or more of the additional bodies of work in Global Learning and Development:

§ Coaching

§ Performance Management

§ Mentoring

§ Employee Engagement

§ Global Learning Management System Governance

§ Assessment

Qualifications:

§ Bachelor’s degree in HR, organizational development, business or field related to learning

Tom Mitchell, Ph.D.

Associate Professor, Industrial & Organizational Psychologist

Division of Applied Behavioral Sciences I-O program

Learning Commons 411

University of Baltimore

1420 N. Charles Street

Baltimore, MD 21201