Justine Gray's Week 1 of Practicum

My internship is with the Office of Management and Budget in DC. I had heard that the security clearance process with the government was slow but I did not think it would take over 4 weeks, I was finally able to start Thursday of last week!

My first few days were spent figuring out logistics with my badge/computer, then meeting and talking with everyone on my floor about what they do at OMB. I was also given tours of the New Executive Office Building and the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.

This past week my supervisor and I created a plan for what I need/want to accomplish this summer. I am working specifically with the Income Maintenence Branch within OMB. I spent a few days reading documents that described everything that the branch did. Then I began one of 3 projects I'll be working on this summer, which involves assisting in developing a human capital analysis process for the Social Security Association.