Brynee' Dade

This week we focused on completing the draft of the Job Analysis and submitted the section typed for review. Also, during this week, I learned the meaning behind a “frozen” PIN which means that the position that has been frozen can not be used for comparison for future studies or can not subject to be filled by potential candidates until the PIN or position has be classed appropriately. Typically, PINs that are frozen are of priority, thus these PINs are expected to be placed within their appropriate class before PINs that aren’t frozen.

While working through my first study, I realized how important it is to appropriately class a PIN. My recommendation for my first study had to be tweaked because of unintended consequences of NCP (non competitive promotion) as well as a reclass done seven years prior. As a result, I wasn’t able to make the recommendation that would have been most appropriate. As a work unit, we discussed the best options to move forward that would cause the least amount of negative affect. The other Analysts and I decided to freeze all of the PINs of interest so, once those become vacant CAS will be able to appropriate class them. We also decided to move the PIN in question into a generic class so, there wouldn’t be any further unintended consequences in the future.