From: marc sokol <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 5:13 PM
Subject: SIOP Early Career Practitioner Consortium

Please pass along to your students, including recent grads….

I’m going to be at SIOP’s Early Career Practitioner Consortium on Wednesday, April 3! If you’re within 5 years of receiving your PhD or terminal MA and are exploring how to set your career up for success, join me, other mentors, and fellow peers during this powerful day of learning. To learn more about the ECPC visit the SIOP Consortia page.   See below my signature line for info on the Early Career Practitioner Consortium.

Anyone interested can submit an application today!

Marc Sokol, PhD

Fellow, SIOP and APA
Sage Consulting Resources, LLC
www.SageConsultingResources.com
612.845.4416

From the SIOP Consortia page:

Early Career Practitioner Consortium

SIOP's Early Career Practitioner Consortium (ECPC) is a one-day career development experience for early career I-O professionals who work in non-academic settings. This day is designed to help you uncover strengths, career opportunities, and design a career plan to achieve your goals. You must be within five years post-degree (PhD or terminal Masters) to participate. Participation is limited to 40 practitioners. The registration deadline for all consortia applications and payments is March 1, 2019 (or until filled).

The ECPC will provide three career development experiences in a one-day program:

1.       Career Development Planning – Experienced practitioners will present on and engage you in topics related to emerging issues in career growth and personal success. As you go through the day, you will receive guidance on developing your own personal career plan.

2.       Assessment-based Insights – You’ll complete pre-work to assess your personality and I-O skill-based competencies. You’ll receive and then debrief the Hogan Personality Inventory and the SIOP Career Profile, along with guidance for how to incorporate these insights into your career development plan.

3.       Mentoring – Small group discussions led by experienced I-O Mentors will focus on your targeted career interests, provide insight, and answer your questions. Twelve seasoned I-O practitioners will answer your questions on topics such as: Internal vs. External Consulting, Careers in Research and Analytics, I-O Careers in Government settings, I-O Freelancing and Entrepreneurship.

4.       Career Coaching – You’ll engage in peer coaching, guided by seasoned Mentors to help you explore diverse perspectives and alternate ideas. After the consortium, you’ll have the option to receive 2 months of follow-on career coaching through BetterUp.

In addition, there will be ample opportunity to network with fellow participants and Mentors.

The consortium is a full day program (8am – 5pm) held on Wednesday, April 3, 2018, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center, National Harbor, Maryland, preceding the annual SIOP conference. You must be registered for SIOP to participate in the consortium. The fee for the consortium is $150 per participant and includes pre-work assessment, program mateirals, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments. Remember, this is in addition to the cost of the SIOP Conference registration fee.
Follow the steps below to complete registration:

1.       Complete the ECPC application form ASAPECPC application (https://goo.gl/forms/QGoDZp1OfXgzFyPX2)

2.       When you've received confirmation that you are accepted into the program, you will be sent a link that brings you to a Consortium Payment page for your payment.

3.       If you have already registered for the SIOP 2019 conference prior to acceptance into the ECPC program, you are all set.

4.       If you have been accepted into the ECPC but have not yet registered for the SIOP 2018 conference, you will need to do so HERE.

5.       Once you’ve completed your payment, you are registered. You will then be sent instructions for completing the pre-work (i.e., the assessments; estimated 1-1.5 hours to complete).

 For further information, please contact ECPC Co-Chairs, Ashley Guidroz ([log in to unmask]or Maya Garza ([log in to unmask]).

Link here to a video about the mentoring experience.