From: PTCMW <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at 4:15 PM
To: Sharon Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Reminder: Event on 03/13/2019, March 2019 Meeting/Webcast: Presentation

http://www.ptcmw.org/EmailTracker/EmailTracker.ashx?emailCode=2A5x22D99sWywcfJfqkHTbXxqc1orWwKS42XIuYusoEQ%2fuu0KZqZ6HGqiAS1K3KSgUcyPvWa%2fccSts9z96%2f2rrDOOe%2fyMU5UC8KZaRYiYP0%3dDear Sharon,

This month's PTCMW Meeting/Webcast is right around the corner. Sign up online to attend in person or via webcast. Details for the event are below and posted online along with registration: http://www.ptcmw.org/event-3290457

Date: 03/13/2019 4:15 PM EDT

How Can I-O Psychologists Help Close the Wage Gap?

Michael G. Aamodt (DCI Consulting Group, Inc.)

Details:

Location: McCormick & Schmick's Crystal City

Abstract:

In the past few years, there has been an increased interest by organizations, the government, the media, and company shareholders in both the size and the cause of the gender and race/ethnicity wage gap. Although compensation is not a topic taught in most I-O graduate programs, I-O psychologists have a skill set that can help reduce the wage gap.  In this presentation, we will:

Speaker Bio:

Michael Aamodt, Ph.D., an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist, is a Principal Consultant at DCI. He provides consulting services to employers and management law firms on a wide variety of human resource risk management issues, particularly in the areas of compensation analysis, employee selection, and test validation. For 26 years, Dr. Aamodt was a professor of Industrial and Organizational Psychology at Radford University in Virginia, where he taught courses in employee selection, job analysis, employee training and development, organizational psychology, and forensic psychology. He also provides staff services to The Center for Corporate Equality (CCE), a national nonprofit association dedicated to promoting affirmative action, equal employment regulatory compliance and other human resource management strategies to create diverse organizations free from workplace bias.

Dr. Aamodt has published over 50 articles in professional journals and presented over 120 papers at professional conferences. He is also the author of “Industrial/Organizational Psychology: An Applied Approach,” the author of “Research in Law Enforcement Selection”, the coauthor of “Human Relations in Business,” and the coauthor of “Understanding Statistics: A Guide for I/O Psychologists and Human Resource Professionals.” He has extensive editorial experience, having served on the editorial boards of Applied HRM Research, Assessment Council News, Criminal Justice and Behavior, Journal of Business and Psychology, Public Personnel Management, and Journal of Police and Criminal Psychology.

Dr. Aamodt is a past President of the New River Valley SHRM chapter and a member of many professional organizations including SIOP, SHRM, and IPAC. Dr. Aamodt has a Ph.D. and M.A. degree in Psychology from the University of Arkansas. He received his B.A. degree in Psychology at Pepperdine University.

Free Webcasts for Students

Students will need a registration code to sign up for the free webcasts. Please email the Secretary using your student email address to receive the code.

See you soon,
PTCMW

Unsubscribe from event announcements