See note from Shavonne, professional networking group for Blacks in IO Psych.

Check it out!

Tom Mitchell, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Industrial & Organizational Psychologist
From: Blacks In IO - DMV <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 3:30 PM
To: Angela Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Thomas Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Professional Networking Group: Blacks in IO Psychology

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

.
From: Blacks In IO - DMV <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 2:06 PM
To: Thomas Mitchell <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>; Angela Miller <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Good Afternoon,
 My name is Shavonne Holman and I am the co-founder of Blacks in IO Psychology, a DC MD VA based networking organization for minorities in I/O. Our group consists of 200+ minority and ally I/O's collectively.  I am reaching out in hopes that you will disseminate our information to your I/O network. I've included our current goals and contact information below.
 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13707548/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/blacksinio/
Goals:
•  Serve as a resource to individuals interested in entering the I/O Psychology profession
•  Establish a national network of current and aspiring I/O Practitioners & Researchers
•  Increase the presence of Blacks in the I/O Psychology industry through the facilitation of networking events, seminars and strategic alliances.
•  Build a community and promote a safe space for members of the African diaspora
•  Improve black representation in Industrial/Organizational Psychology programs at educational institutions nationwide.
•  Increase awareness of the industry and minority focused issues at educational institutions nationwide.
I look forward to keeping in touch with you and the University of Baltimore IO students.
 Thank you,
 Blacks in IO
Shavonne Holman and Macy Cheeks.