From: Carlisle, April <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 12:44 PM
Subject: Jefferson County Human Resources Department

[EXTERNAL EMAIL: This message originated from a non-UBalt email system. Hover over any links before clicking and use caution when opening attachments.]

Good morning,

I hope that your day is going well so far. I would like to start off by introducing myself. My name is April Carlisle. I currently work in the Human Resources Department at the Jefferson County Commission in Birmingham, Alabama. I was hoping to get some assistance with recruiting some assessors/students who would be interested in participating in the process below.

We currently hire individuals based off their performance during a structured interview process.  In order to accurately and effectively assess the candidates' performance in these selection processes, we are recruiting graduate students who are enrolled in Industrial/Organizational, Human Resources, or Organizational Behavior Master and/or PhD programs or any individual that has employee selection assessment experience to assist in the final assessment of these candidates.  Assessors will receive training regarding the assessment process which includes how to complete scoring of the candidates.
The success of our process hinges on our ability to recruit highly competent individuals to assist in this assessment. The assessment provides several other benefits, such as
*  the opportunity to assist a governmental agency and to closely observe and learn about various selection processes and assessment centers;
*  extensive training on employee selection assessment;
*  valuable applied experience serving as an assessor for a variety of jobs;
*  the opportunity to meet, work, and interact with a variety of individuals in similar areas of study from around the country, while at the same time enjoying the sights and culture of Birmingham; and
*  All expenses paid by the Jefferson County Commission Human Resources Department for travel related to the assessment, including transportation (airline and/or mileage to and from Birmingham), lodging, and meals.   *A PER DIEM IS PAID FOR IN-PERSON AND VIRTUAL ASSESSMENTS*
*Although the registration deadline for our virtual December assessment is in 2 days, we will begin recruiting for our in-person January assessment soon.
If you or your students are interested in gaining valuable applied experience in the field of employee selection by assisting, please feel free to contact me by email at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Please see the attached flyer.

December Registration Link: https://forms.gle/CWvXp2ezAiamjci16

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this process

Cordially,

April C. Carlisle
Jefferson County Human Resources Department
Employee Selection Division
Room 600A
205-583-8326