AALSCHILDLAW Archives

"Association of American Law Schools Section on Children and the Law"

AALSCHILDLAW@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"Bruce Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Association of American Law Schools' Section on Children and the Law <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
25 Jan 2012 20:12:35 -0600Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:12:35 -0600
Yael-
I have used the attached problem with great success, as a problem
addressed to both interviewing and counseling.  I split the students and
give them each a mirror script/instructions, for either client or
attorney.  Feel free to use it.
Best
-Bruce

Prof. Bruce A. Boyer
Director, Civitas ChildLaw Clinic
Loyola Chicago School of Law
25 E. Pearson St.
Chicago, Illinois  60611
(312) 915-7940
(312) 915-6485 (fax)

______________________________

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential and/or legally
privileged and is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed.
The unauthorized disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any
action in reliance on
privileged or confidential information is strictly prohibited.  If you
believe that this message
has been sent to you in error, please inform the sender and delete the
message.>>> "Yael Cannon" <[log in to unmask]> 1/25/2012 5:02 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone have any good interviewing simulations they could share
with me that involve students simulating an interview of a child client
(in any context- abuse/neglect matter, delinquency matter, school
discipline matter, etc.)?  Also, can anyone recommend any good readings
on interviewing a child client?  I am offering my Juvenile Law course as
a professional skills course this semester, and I*m looking for a good
simulation to use with my class. I found a good one written by Julie
Waterstone (from Southwestern Law School), focused on school discipline
issues, which is available in the recent Colker and Waterstone textbook
Special Education Advocacy, but I*m looking for a second one to use so
that I can have each student take a turn playing a lawyer and a turn
playing a child client.  Any materials you could send me
([log in to unmask]) would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Yael

Yael Cannon
Practitioner-in-Residence
American University, Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20016-8181
(202) 274-4176
(202) 274-0659 (fax)