IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Matthew Rupert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Rupert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2015 21:14:14 +0000
Hi everyone,

Things are progressing well at my practicum site. We are still waiting on final responses from managers before the next steps are taken in the job code consolidation process. The managers we previously spoke to are still doing final checks on the job descriptions in their departments. Once they have determined that the job descriptions are in a suitable manner, we will begin preparing a report for HR as to which job descriptions can be deleted from their database and which ones should be updated with new information.

While this continues to progress, we have moved on to some of our larger position projects. First, we met with the Project Manager team to discuss the current state of their role and future career paths within the department. Since there is so much work to be done, they have decided to meet on their own and return to us with feedback in an additional meeting.

We have also begun looking at the Systems Analyst role. This role has the most job incumbents of any role in the IS department and perform a wide array of duties. We have begun scheduling individual meetings with some of the SAs and their managers to get a better understanding of the role. These meetings will continue over the next few weeks. More updates will follow as things progress.

Have a great weekend!

Matt Rupert