IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
Charles Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Glover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 14:14:45 -0400
My name is Charles Glover and I am currently working on my Masters degree
at the University of Baltimore.

During summer and continuing into the fall semester I am interning, as well
as completing my practicum requirements, at the Elkton (Stonewall) Merck
pharmaceutical company site in Elkton, Virginia. I am working in Site
Development on a Recognition program for the Elkton Merck family. The
recognition program involves finding new non monetary ways to improve
morale and employee engagement while maintaining effective spending
practices. I have developed several surveys for interviews and focus groups
I facilitated. I am also developing a site wide electronic survey which
will be used to assess the current attitudes of the employees. In the
coming weeks I will conduct a 45 minute presentation with the Senior
Leadership Team where I will discuss the current phase of the project and
where we hope to be in the coming months as well as covering the business
concerns surrounding the project like sustainability, cost, benefits,
procedures, any trainings, etc.