IOINTERN Archives

Information on students in practicum placements

IOINTERN@LISTSERV.UBALT.EDU

From:
"Erika Klug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
19 Feb 2010 12:22:34 -0500Fri, 19 Feb 2010 12:22:34 -0500
Hello,

It has been two weeks since my last update.  Due to the snowpocalypse and President's Day, it seems like I have barely been to work lately!  There are some new developments on my engagement survey project.

Although this project has been at somewhat of a standstill lately due to a variety of factors, we are focused to bring it back to the front burner and expand what has already been researched.  While some top-level results have been delivered to management, we are ready to dig deeper into the analysis and examine some more specific variables.  I am going to be examining relationships between employee variables (demographics, store location, job status) and their engagement.  Also, we need to deliver some more concrete and actionable results to management.  This will be achieved by getting some more criteria measures from them.  We'll be analyzing the relationships engagement has with ends like store traffic, sales, UPT, and more.  This list could expand depending on the feedback we get from store managers.

I am to meet with my project manager and my advisor, Dr. Mitchell, this week to revisit the data and analyze these additional variables.  Our goal is to have a final deliverable prepared for Retail management by the end of this month (only a week to complete!).

More to come!

-Erika